- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 butternut squash, cubed (4-5 cups cubed)
- 2-3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded, mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil onion, butternut squash and vegetable broth for 30 minutes in a pot, cook until soft
- Drain butternut squash and onions, keep the liquid in a separate bowl
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and combine.
- Pour the pureed sauce over raw cauliflower florets or pasta noodles, and cook in the oven for 45 minutes on 375°F for a complete meal!
Optional – add cooked chicken breast to boost protein intake!