View this post on Instagram
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 small Onion
- 4 cups of Broth
- 2 Tablespoons of Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Healthy U Mexico Spice
- 2 Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups of Shredded Cheese
- 1 can of Black Beans
- 1 Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup of Fresh Cilantro
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 cans of “fire roasted” tomatoes (16 ounces)
- 1-2 Avocados, diced
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high. Add onions, 1/3 cup cilantro, and garlic. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, black beans, rotisserie chicken, healthy U Mexico spice and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Push the chicken breasts to the bottom of the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots, peppers and zucchini. Return to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook another 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in half the cheese. Pour a scoop into each bowl and top with the remaining cheese, fresh cilantro, fresh avocado.
- For the knots
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup arrowroot flour plus extra for dusting
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder plus extra for dusting
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil plus
For the garlic coating
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, garlic powder, baking soda and salt. Add the almond milk and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix to make a smooth dough.
- Lightly dust a working board with some extra arrowroot flour. Roll out the dough into a rectangle 1/3 inch thick. Cut the dough lengthwise into 8 strips.
- Roll out each strip into a rope then tie it into a knot. Place them on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the knots with ½ tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until they are just starting to turn golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until just softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley and season with salt.
- Transfer the garlic mixture to a bowl and add warm knots. Gently toss until coated and serve.