- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups spinach, raw
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded light cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and cook for 2-minutes. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes